Just received a call from a luxury brand wanting to advertise on The Mum Network. Impressive – uh huh. The call went like this;
Advertiser: “We’re thinking of working with you but we want to know what you stand for, your beliefs and your causes.”
Me: “Um ok, can you elaborate?”
Advertiser: “Well other blogs and women’s websites take a strong stance in favour of feminism or they sway politically to the left or they take on women’s causes, what are your beliefs?”
Me: “Ok, never thought about that, let me come back to you. Actually, I may just blog about it, good topic – check the site and I’ll let you know”
So it got me thinking, what do I believe in? If The Mum Network was a person, what would she believe in?
Here goes, in no particular order:
- I believe in human rights.
- I believe in family.
- I believe in equality, for men and women.
- I believe that in 2014 no child in our world should suffer from hunger, thirst or having no shelter.
- I believe that an Opposition party are as important as The Government in power to ensure they keep each other honest.
- I believe that a life sentence shouldn’t mean 25 years, it should mean life.
- I believe in protecting our children from evil is our duty.
- I believe nurses and teachers should be paid more money.
- I believe in protecting our natural resources, national parks and especially The Great Barrier Reef.
- I believe our farmers are the backbone of our nation
- I believe the carers allowance for those caring for our disabled, those who are frail, aged or with a mental condition needs to be raised.
- I believe the pension for the elderly needs to be raised
- I believe families need financial support to afford both parents to work when they have young children.
- I believe dental and eyecare should be bulk billed.
- I believe no woman should have to live in fear of a man due to physical or verbal abuse.
- I believe that our tax system is fair and reasonable as long as the Government do the right thing with our money and don’t waste it
- I believe that women have every right to do any job a man can do as long as they are the best person for the job.
- I believe companies should be allowed to make money for their shareholders as long as they’re always looking after their staff and customers first and foremost and not at their expense.
- I believe that airplanes don’t just fall out of the sky undetected
- I believe the most important person in a young boys life is their father or a male role model who can teach them how to be a great man.
- I believe little girls deserve to be told they are beautiful, worthy, talented and are able to be whatever they want to be.
- I believe political correctness is out of control.
- I believe in everyone’s right to practice their faith or have no faith at all. Each to their own.
- I believe gay marriage should be legal
- I believe everyone should give something to charity at least once a year, a little or a lot, whatever you can afford.
- I believe I don’t have the brain power to solve the issues surrounding boat people, refugees and illegal immigrants but everyone deserves a chance to be free from persecution.
- I believe judging someone for the choices they make results in karma coming back to bite you.
I also believe Chupa Chups lolly pops are the hardest bloody thing to open and I have no idea why they haven’t changed the packaging.
So there you have it – this could obviously go on for pages and pages but that’s what I believe in today. This list could change from time to time depending on the mood I am in.
What do you believe in?